Saturday, February 5, 2022

Post #1: My 5 Sources of News and Information

 My Top 5 News Sources

By Davis Trax


My interests these days are all over different topics ranging from sports, to music, to amusement park content! There are many great ways to obtain information on these topics from multiple different sources, but when it comes to me, I have a very specific few that I use more than others.

1. CBS Sports


I love searching Google for sports news especially in basketball, football and baseball, and somehow the most current and updated news doesn't come from some of my other favorite sources - Adrian Wojnaroski on his podcast or Shams Charania on The Athletic - but instead it comes from CBS Sports. I always get really good updates on the college basketball games and on recent rumors with Aaron Rodgers. They always get me up to date on all the news in sports.

2. Coaster Studios

Everybody has a hobby. Some people enjoy singing (I do too) and dancing, and I like watching a POV of my favorite roller coaster. I love amusement park content. I just enjoy amusement parks and rides so much. And I have lots of different content creators that I enjoy watching like ElToroRyan and Air Time Thrills, but my first channel and the most consistent channel is Coaster Studios. They always have great videos on roller coaster reviewspark reviews and park vlogs. Their tremendous content has actually forced me and my roommate to make a YouTube channel of our own. I've even gone into Planet Coaster, a roller coaster video game, made a coaster and have edited it into a hype video.

3. Instagram


I love Instagram so much. It is more of a personal news source, meaning I see more of what is happening with my friends and I see the news that they post, but it also gives me a chance to see news for some of my favorite sports teams, music artists and roller coaster enthusiasts - Boston CelticsHarry Styles and Park Pros. I am able to see pictures and videos of sports plays, concert performances, roller coasters and I'm willing to scroll for an hour straight.


4. ESPN


As you can see, I love sports. I am a sports media major and have playing sports all my life. ESPN has so many different ways to obtain it's news. You can get it through social media, TV or even the ESPN App. The easiest choice for getting updates on NBA scoresarticles on the upcoming Super Bowl and thoughts on the NHL All Star games. I have been watching ESPN since I was 7 years old with my dad, and there might not be a more trustworthy source. Almost.


5. Twitter



My favorite news source. I find out literally everything on Twitter. Everyone I've mentioned above I follow on Twitter - CBS SportsInstagramCoaster Studios and ESPN - and even more. I follow all my favorite sports teams, athletes, sports organizations, musicians, news outlets. The great thing about Twitter for sports is that you're feed is a lot easier to control than some other social media outlets. Twitter is used by so many times and even though I love Instagram, I like and use Twitter much more. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Post: My Relationship With Technology

My Relationship With Technology By Davis Trax Well here is is. My final blog for the semester. And if it isn't obvious enough, this one ...